Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Las Vegas: Fear the Watching Dear premier party 2015-08-23


Antho and I were recently invited to participate in the Fear the Watching Dead season premiere party hosted by Fatbeard and the cast of Evil Dead the Musical at Shakespeare's Grille & Pub. It was a freaking blast!!!


If you didn't know already, I'm a huge fan of all things horror! 
Ever since I was a little kid horror movies have been a favorite of mine, with The Thingthe Fly, Alien & Aliens, American Werewolf in London, the Evil Dead series, and the Nightmare on Elm Street series among my favorites, but I've also got a big sweet spot for zombie flicks. Shaun of the Dead, Dead Alive, Night of the Living Dead, ZombielandWarm Bodies and more all hold very near and dear places in my heart. One of the biggest draws to the creepier side of the cinematic world for me is the practical effects utilized in a lot of the older movies. I was raised on a heavy diet of Jim Henson's astounding creations and was absolutely fascinated by the process I caught glimpses of in behind the scenes clips. Working in the world of creature effects and practical monster makeup has always been something of a dream job for me, and I geek out hard on videos showing how a talented team of professionals can turn a pretty little model into a crawling corpse. However, I'm currently much better at drawing, so I do! Being invited to events like this is always a great privilege and honor, and I'm happy to announce that we were invited back for the season finale! Yay!


Check out my art blog, Deviantart,  if you're curious to get a glimpse of some of the creepy stuff I love drawing, haha. Might not be suitable for the easily spooked. ;) 

More photos from the event below!





The cast of Evil Dead the Musical were out in full force, with trivia, give-aways and more throughout the event. Everyone in attendance seemed to be having a great time and enjoyed the show. 
Did you watch the premiere? What were your thoughts?




I drew this pretty fella while in attendance. Top is without flash, bottom is with.


Our table, arrayed with art supplies, our bill, cards and prints. 
We did have to pay for our poutine, after all… ;)




It was my first time trying poutine, and I must say; quite tasty!
Shakespeare's comes with a guiness gravy and generous portions of deep fried cheese curds, so while it's a bounty of beautiful cheesy goodness for your mouth it might not go so well in your gullet if you're the least bit sensitive to cheese…because cheesy it t'was, indeed.

The table we were given was right in the midst of things, so we had a great view of the cast while they were giving away prizes and doing the trivia!


All in all, it was an excellent night and we had a wonderful time! We're really looking forward to the upcoming finale party
Perhaps we'll see you there? ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment