Monday, June 29, 2015

Venice Beach: Cali-trip 04-10-2015

After our show at the Whiskey a Go Go, everyone crashed at a friend's family's house in the nearby suburban area of Thousand Oaks. The next morning Antho and I set off from their area to explore L.A. and some of it's beaches together by means of public transit.
That's right, we bussed L.A.
It was actually pretty freaking awesome! 
Never underestimate public transit while traveling, guys!


Snazzy rechargable transit card with a photo of the iconic Union Station. I'm glad these reloadable plastic RFID cards are catching on stateside! They made travel so simple overseas.

Before we left our accommodating host's home to venture into the wild, we spent some time bonding with this little fella in their backyard. We dubbed him (or her?) Scampers. They ran right up to me at one point, twitching their fluffy tail less than an inch away from my leg. SO cute! 

While bussing our way around we had to change lines a few times, during one such transition we were walking through a pleasant shopping district when we stumbled upon this mall.

You may not know this, but Antho is a HUGE movie buff. His knowledge of movies is abundant and robust, with all sorts of trivia and insight into things I never even considered. When we were walking by this mall he recognized it right away; it's been a filming location for Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Back to the Future Part II, Terminator 2: Judgement Day and more! Fun! We had to capture the moment.

Growing up, I heard a lot of Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell when my parents would listen to it during car rides or quiet nights at home. Now there's a new host, George Noory, who I've heard a handful of times, but seeing the actual studio they record in was pretty neat. I called my padre to tell him. Tourist status. Werd.

Waiting for our connection and looking fly.

Not the most colorful of busses we rode that day.

Cute architecture flanked by giant palm trees.

Oh, those iconic trees. You don't even GROW here! *shakes fist* XD hahaha


Bus goobers, bus goobers.

Holy purple flowers, Batman! Beautiful. 

Cool house! Believe it or not, I'm actually quite fond of yellow.

Venice beach touristy shop walk. 

More of them tree things.

This seagull kept yelling at me and waddling closer.

Ah, I see ocean!!

Lovely public area.

Found the water. So much YES. I love beaches.

The water was still a bit chilly that time of year, but we still had to walk among the waves.

Antho wandering up ahead while I linger and snap photos.

Barefoot, naturally. 

Looking back...

I have to splash my feet in every ocean I encounter at least once. I've had my feet in the sea of Japan, sea of China, Pacific, Atlantic...

Foam!

Barefoot people on the beach.





One...

Two...

Smooch!

Our footprints as we wandered along...

Looking into the distance all wistfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment