Thursday, January 17, 2019

Seattle: Top Pot Doughnuts and Dusk


It had been quite a long day, having explored Capitol Hill, Dog in the ParkPike's Place Market, the Waterfront, and Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, and with the cool winds of evening rapidly sweeping in, we were ready for a hot beverage to boost our spirits. One of the better options in the area is Top Pot Doughnuts, one of the top rated spots in the region. There are several options to find them, so you don't have to go to the same one we visited, which was in a bit of an unusual location beyond an elevated walkway from the waterfront. I opted for a coffee while Antho grabbed himself a hot chocolate, and our appearance helped defuse what we can only assume was a heated conversation prior based on the brief exchanges between a flustered barista and a grumpy guy hiding behind his computer screen. Curious, but none of our business, so we stepped aside and waited in the awkward silence that flooded the space in the interim. This gave me the opportunity to take a photo of a plaque boasting of a visit from President Obama, so that's neat. I can't say it's the first time in my life that I've stumbled upon a restaurant that Obama had popped into at some point, though I think that's where our similarities probably end. He's far more educated than I am, an much better traveled, after all! 


When we got our drinks, they were quite good. Perfect little pick-me-ups for the cold evening, and the sugar in Antho's hot chocolate while the caffeine in my cappuccino served to power us through the walk back to our vehicle, which was parked in Capitol Hill. Of course, the name Capitol Hill is derived from one of the predominant features of the area- the fact it's perched atop a fairly steep hillside. We needed all the extra motivation and energy we could muster to conquer that climb, and I'm happy to report that this little stop at Top Pot Doughnuts certainly helped. While we didn't actually try any of their doughnuts on this visit, I later learned that their doughnuts are infamous and have since tried, unsuccessfully, to procure some of their doughy goods. One of these days it's gonna happen, I promise you. One of these days.





















Thanks for visiting!

💘
XOXO,
NAU


No comments:

Post a Comment