Monday, January 1, 2018

Vegas: The Watching Dead Party at Shakespeare's Grille and Pub

Happy New Year guys!



Believe it or not, I still occasionally go out and do caricatures. It's not something I like to do all the time anymore as I've made it my career for nearly a decade and, unfortunately, that didn't always make it fun for me but when the time is right and the fates align I can be found out doodling again for fun. This was one such occasion and for one magical night I could be caught at Shakespeare's Grille and Pub in Henderson for the Watching Dead party! There was no shortage of victims for my zombie caricature to slaughter off in new and amusing ways (bottle through the cheek? check!) or with entertaining new friends (birds in hair, squeakers in beards, etc). It was a good night and I had a lot of fun! I'm often surprised by the turn out of eager models when I do this, but I really should credit my buddy Danny, AKA Fat Beard, for his hard work putting these events together. Not only did he go through all of the work to hammer out the rights to view and display these shows in public with AMC, but he does an incredible job of spreading the word and promoting the events before they happen. Danny's a great dude and a key member of the Critical Care Comics  non-profit that spends their free time visiting children in the hospital to have Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Deadpool or any of their other local heroes to deliver 28 pages of happiness at a time. They've been recognized by local newspapers like the Review Journal for their efforts and while this is an offshoot work done of Danny's own efforts, he's an integral part to the engine that keeps CCC running. It's always nice to work with him and he's always been a professional, caring dude who does the best he can with everything he has going at once. I'm happy to consider him among my friends and am excited for all the work we might be able to accomplish together in the new year! More photos after the cut...











No trip to Shakespeare's is complete without some poutine. Their poutine is fabulous and delicious and made with Guiness...so what more do I really need to say? They also offer chicken fingers, fish and chips, sausage rolls, meat pies and other yummies galore. Their beer menu is nothing to scoff at, either. While I personally am trying to limit my drinking to only very special occasions these days, Shakespeare's certainly has plenty of sippables to keep your palate wet with new and innovative brews throughout the evening. 








These two had just gotten engaged and I had to draw them all stealthy like during the final half hour or so of the proceedings. A friend of their's that I drew earlier requested that I make this for them especially, as the lovely couple should be surprised by the drawing that they might not have sprung for of their own accord. When I revealed it to them they were both surprised and giddy! Initially I didn't think I'd be able to get a photo of the end result, but they were so pleased that they came back to thank me in person and this gave me an opportunity to preserve the moment. I hope that their romance has gone forward smoothly and that everything is happy and well with them since I saw them last! Congratulations you happy duo, and may your love be forever undead.
Until next time!

XOXO,
NAU

No comments:

Post a Comment