Monday, November 9, 2015

Vegas: Freak Hail storm 2015-11-04


Throughout the day it had been overcast with off and on drizzles, but parts of the sky remained bright and sunny regardless.  I believe they call that "Fox Rain" (여우 비, yeo-u bi, sun shower) in Korea? 
The word is used to mean "sun shower", but it's literally fox + rain. Fun!
One of the only K-drama that I ever really got into was called "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho". 
Gumiho means "9 tailed fox" in Korean! Fascinated by mythology, I was curious to see how the Korean lore would work within the context of modern society, especially a K-drama!
It was a charming show, and a guilty pleasure of mine even now~
Anyway, while I was downstairs tidying up after lunch it started to rain quite heavily. 
Rain, being a rare phenomena in Southern Nevada, is something I always welcome so I left our patio door open to enjoy the symphony of splatters. 
When the pitch changed, I grew curious and upon peaking outside saw the yard being pelted by hail!


Oh hail yes!
I called Antho down and we reveled in the unexpected weather together.
Pinging and panging every which way, a glittering staccato.
Before long it was all over, gone as quickly as it had come.


How has the weather been in your area lately?
Does it feel like fall yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment