Saturday, March 19, 2016

Project: Spring Tie-dye 2016-03-18


Happy Spring, guys!

How is your month going?
We've recently moved and during the process a lot of our tie-dye stuff got buried...but we've managed to dig it out of the abyss of the garage and made a fun new batch of goodies to share with everyone!
If you haven't noticed before, Antho and I are pretty fond of tie-dying. It's an excellent creative project that we can work on together and it's so much fun to unwrap and unveil the finished products! There are so many fabric textures, colour combinations, folds and techniques that we're constantly evolving and trying new things as we go.
We've also been doing research into ordering products wholesale and sourcing fun new styles. 
I really enjoyed how this long sleeved ribbed cotton shirt turned out!  


It's almost long enough for me and I'm 5'10"! I prefer having my tummy covered with longer shirts but it could totally be rocked as a belly-baring shirt for the braver ladies out there. We've been using more or less the same dyes since the very beginning, but we're really excited about a recent order for some high-end dyes that should be arriving soon. Our shop has also been getting more business lately, but we're still far from the top performing tie-dye shop on Etsy and I want to change that. I've sunk some time into watching free lectures and reading blogs from top performers and gleaned some useful tips that have already quadrupled our sales! We've even sold a shirt to Luxembourg & one to Spain since I added international shipping to our shop!
Goals, people.
I got them!

Check out the rest of our colourful new creations after the jump!





Isn't this embroidered skirt fun? The threads in the design absorbed the colours really well while the sequins remained bold and white. The skirt is really light and comfortable, perfect for prancing around barefoot!


We also found these awesome studded shorts, which Antho graciously modelled for us. 
Even though they're a size 10, there's no way my butt would fit into these! 
Seriously though, I really love these stud details! I would be so happy to wear these, too bad they're too small for me. Oh well, some lucky Etsy shopper will be able to rock these!


Sexy studs!


Then there's this flow little number. The cotton is so soft and comfy and the skirt drapes nicely! Sometimes these skirts can make me look puffy and weird, but I like how this one fits my body.
It's a size XL and the waist is elastic so it gives a good bit of wiggle room. 



Another pair of shorts! So excited to find these. The stitches and buttons remained bright white and provide a nice contrast against the tie-dye. I love how the pink, purple and navy blue bled through the material. It almost looks ice-dyed!


As I mentioned before, we've been experimenting with new patterns and sizes too, now offering 3XL and small sizes on top of the children's line we started. So far XL has been the most frequently purchased size and there's certainly no harm in branching out and adding selections for all shapes and sizes. We don't believe in gendering our clothing because neither Antho or I ever shop strictly within our designated departments, and tie-dye is for anyone who wants to rock it! Some of my favourite clothes were men's tops or shoes. I make sure to provide measurements for every item, too, because sizes can vary subtly between shirts and brands. 



Again, these shorts are way too small for me, which is a shame. Look how fun they are!

What do you think, would you rock any of these?
If you really liked them, please check out our Etsy shop and help support our small business. Every sale helps us to pursue our dreams of making the world a more colourful place!
Tell us your thoughts!

XOXO
Nau




No comments:

Post a Comment