Saturday, November 17, 2018

Driving: Portland, Oregon, to Seattle, Washington



If I had to summarise the city of Portland, Oregon, with one phrase, I think it would have to be; 
"Does this city have enough freaking bridges?!"


This isn't necessarily a negative thing! I'm not saying it's a bad thing Portland has 12 different bridges over the Willamette River, it's just a very noticeable aspect of the city as you drive into it. Reno has a bunch of bridges, too, though I guess they're considered some of Nevada's worst, so take from that what you want.  Portland is a cool town, full of hipsters, good food, tasty beer, giant bookstores, mild climate, and all sorts of other aspects that make it a popular destination for my peers when visiting the Pacific Northwest. It's hip, it's happening, and supposedly it's a lot friendlier than Seattle! My experience in either place is too limited to really make a judgment call there, but people in Seattle have generally seemed quite a bit nicer than those in Vegas, so if they're even nicer in Portland I'm not sure I'd know how to handle it. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I'm such a hermit by nature that the lack of external invites for socialization hasn't phased me. Whatever the case, this visit through Portland didn't even see us come to a full stop. We weren't here for sightseeing, I'm afraid (and Antho was disappointed), we had places to be. 


Still, we definitely intend to make a trek back down to spend some time in Portland, proper like. After all, I've had the luxury of visiting the city before, even dipping into Powell's bookstore and sipping on some locally brewed coffee, but Antho has yet to enjoy the pleasures Portland has to offer. We will, and I'm excited for that time, but it's not today. Not this trip. Sorry!



 



 
 


 
 



 
 

   
 

 

   
 









 
 






 
 


 
 



 
 
 
 
 
   
 


 
         
 

   
 



 


 
 




Welcome to Seattle!!! Woo!

We made it!
Thanks for joining Antho and I for this epic ride. Hope you enjoyed tagging along with us for this adventure! Catch you next time for the next step of our journey~

💘
XOXO,
NAU
 

No comments:

Post a Comment