Sunday, April 8, 2018

Vegas: Star Wars night at Cashman Field as the Vegas 51s play the El Paso Chihuahuas 4/07/2018



Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowds~
I think most of us all more or less know the song by now, eh? If not, you can always google "Baseball song" for an idea of what I'm talking about. We happened to hear the fireworks going off from a baseball game earlier in the week and were startled enough that Antho looked into it, reminding us that we're right around the corner from a baseball stadium. When he looked at the schedule, we realized that there was a Star War's day coming up! To be totally honest, Antho and I aren't really sports fans, and while Antho knows a fair bit about how the game is played we were mainly just interested in going and having the experience. In the end I suppose that was for the best, because our home team did terribly! Like, so bad there weren't any fireworks after the game. If I were a passionate sports fan, I might have left feeling quite disappointed...but lucky for all of us, I'm not! I was not disappointed! I had a great time with Antho and thoroughly enjoyed our time at the stadium. From the cringe-inducing but adorably-heart felt rendition of that same Baseball song by the Girl Scouts, who's off-key singing was wholesomely laugh inducing, to the various costumed Star Wars character walking through the stadium and leading in games, it was an all around good time. 


The Stadium is close enough that we can walk for any game, and the tickets, food AND beverages are cheap enough that we have no excuse for not going at least a few times a season. We got a helmet full of nachos for $13! I know that's certainly more expensive than you'd pay for nachos at a 711, but I expect to pay an exorbitant amount for foods at entertainment events, especially sporting events, so all things considered with the fact you get a take-home souvenier in the plastic helmet they came in, I have no complaints. The nachos were dense, massive, and loaded with toppings! Tons of gooey cheese sauce, lettuce, salsa, diced chicken, olives, sour cream and even jalapenos! Since Antho isn't a huge fan of spicy food, I asked to have our jalapenos on the side... the guy making our nachos asked which side, left or right... I thought that was hilarious! I mean, it's imminently practical, isn't it? I opted for left side, being that I'm a lefty. The nachos were great and the two of us couldn't polish them all off. There were plenty of other options, though, from hot dogs to hamburgers, ice cream and dipping dots, chicken fingers and pizza! You certainly don't have to go hungry, or thirsty, as there were also plenty of bars for getting a frosty cup of beer if you feel the desire. 


The game didn't go well for our team, as I said above... but we still had fun exploring the stadium and seeing the game! We'll definitely have to go back sometime soon for another game! 






 

 










 
 




 


 










 
 
 



 
 
   
     

 

 

 
 
 
 



 





   
 





 

 





 
 



 



Until next time!

💓
XOXO,
NAU


No comments:

Post a Comment