Saturday, May 30, 2015

Hair: May 30th, 2015 Toning w/Blond Brilliance Lilac Toner

Blonde ambitions, round two!




After bleaching my hair and having it lighten a few more levels than I had been anticipating, I decided to let my hair rest overnight before attempting anything more to it…besides, by the time the whole process was actually finished, Sally's was surely closed and we were both tired. I slept on it and went to work, where even with all the brassy tones it was well received. When a delivery guy spotted the braid at work, he laughed; "It's only been 3 days and now her hair is blonde! Everything is changing!" 
Even so, I wasn't completely satisfied with the color just yet. I figured that since it had lightened so much already I may as well embrace it and go for an ethereal Khaleesi kind of vibe.  If only I had pet dragons. ;) My Facebook friends were eager to pitch in with lots of great advice, which I was immensely grateful for. I never realized just how many people on my friend's list were hair stylists! I know a couple of make up artists and people who DIY their own awesome hair, too. It's  lovely knowing such a diverse group of creative individuals. Having so many creative people in my sphere is really inspiring. Anyhow, as far as hair goes…After work I went back to Sally's, armed with yet another coupon, and dropped some more of my hard earned moola on the Blond Brilliance creme oil lightening toner in Lilac and the 15 volume developer. Whipped it all up in a bowl and applied most of it to my ends on my own, then Antho pitched in to ensure I got all of my roots and the back of my head, because he's an awesome boyfriend.  I let the toner sit for probably 30 minutes or so, then rinsed it out and waited eagerly for it to air dry. The color was noticeably more even and had more white-blonde highlights throughout.  


      The end results make me happy.

























     And not gonna lie, I'm kind of digging being blonde, at least for now. We'll see how I feel once my roots start growing in, but I can always throw color over it when I get bored. I had a lot of fun getting dressed for a day out date with my love and I'm excited to play around with my makeup options. I'm generally quite a tomboy, so dressing girly is still a bit of a novelty for me.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment