Sunday, April 3, 2016

Hong Kong: Day 2 pitstop at Tung Chung station


On my way back to Hong Kong proper, I made a pitstop at Tung Chung station on Lantau island. Lantau island is not only home to Hong Kong Disneyland and Hong Kong airport but is the jump-off point to access the Ngong Ping 360 Degree Cable cars and the giant seated Buddha statue not far after. Initially I had hoped to make it out to see the Buddha on my way back but found that I arrived far too late in the day to catch a cable car. Oh well, given the close proximity of most places in Hong Kong it wasn't a terribly long journey even from my location across the bay in Mong Kok, Kowloon.




And if nothing else, the late afternoon sun peeking through the skyscrapers the surrounded the area and the large shopping complex made for some lovely moody photos. 











First Monster energy drink I had in a very, very long time. 
It seemed bigger than the standard US size at 473mL, but it could be that having been in Japan for so long I'd started growing accustomed to their micro-sized cans of everything.


Speaking of Japan...

And after this side-quest I was back onto the train and off into the city.
Photos of the Star Ferry and Downtown Hong Kong coming up!
Check back tomorrow!

XOXO
Nau

No comments:

Post a Comment