Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Vegas: Zappos Fandom Friday 2016-03-25


On Friday, March 25th I was lucky enough to participate in Zappos Fandom Friday event! Zappos, for those not in the know, is an online retailer based in my quaint little home town of Las Vegas, Nevada. On top of being a successful company that ranks as one of the best in country to work for,  Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh has taken a very active role in helping to revitalise downtown Las Vegas, leading the way in it's resurgence as a popular tourist & local hipster destination. And yes, if you read the Wired article I linked there, it's true; there is a giant praying mantis that shoot fire in Downtown Vegas, located in front of the Downtown Container Park. Thanks, Tony.
As a participating artist/vendor at the event, I got to hang out in their lobby area and partake in all the nerdy goodness afoot! There were many super talented artists, groovy vendors, cosplayers, banging DJs, and even some llamas. 
Yes, llamas.


Gosh they're cute! 
And really, it was a very cool event to attend. If I'm not mistaken, this was the first ever Fandom Friday thanks in no small part to Rogue Toys! Rogue Toys partnered with Zappos to get the gears rolling on this event and I'm so grateful they did. It's always great seeing new opportunities and events pop up for the artistic community in this city! And what a fun event this was; there were dancing storm troopers, amazing cosplay, fantastic original art, live performances by Decaying Tigers, arcades games free to play, food trucks, and fun and games for all involved!
I came out with some limited edition Batman Vs. Superman prints in honour of the new movie. Have you seen it? Antho and I had already watched it by the time I went to the event, but I made sure not to give away any spoilers...but I didn't really get much opportunity as almost everyone I asked about the movie admitted to being less than excited to see it...womp womp. 


Even so, I managed to sell a few of the prints. ^_^ I'm thinking of putting them up on Etsy, but I have a few Superhero events left here in town first so I'll see how they do. The nice thing about prints is once they're made you have them, so even if I didn't sell out of them at the event I'm glad to have gone! 
How often do you get to encounter random llamas or dancing Storm Troopers, after all?
This is going to be an image heavy post, so be forewarned ye of sluggish internet!!

Also, if you see yourself or anyone you know and want me to include their name or remove photos, please contact me ASAP and I'll be happy to oblige! 





This fella was super friendly and was proud to be releasing the 8th issue of his comic soon! Right on! If you signed up for his mailing list you got a free digital copy, too. :)




Hopeless Savage Art had some cool stencil work! I like the Riddler Batman and Daredevils a lot.






Her original paintings were really neat! ^_^ She was pretty friendly, too. I love the Deadpool theme going on, and isn't this melted crayon painting with pixelated heart super cute? I love the colors! 




I didn't see the artist here, so I hope they don't mind too much that I'm sharing their work~ it's AMAZING! Look at all the detail! How cool. I tried to ask everyone before taking photos but if you're the creator of these paintings and want me to take them down or include your name, please just let me know!





This lovely lady was so talented! I love her images! Look at that sassy ass Snape. Guuuurl! I ended up taking home a Groot magnet and a Dwight magnet for Antho. I couldn't resist, I loved the Office and Dwight is one of my favourites. 



"We both know it's not an airplane." 
Best. bib. ever!



This trooper was getting DOWN!!!

























DECAYING TIGERS!!

A video posted by Jessthulhu (@shethatisnau) on











The lovely ladies of VAGINA, or Very Awesome Girls Into Nerdy Activites. Naturally. Head's out of the gutters, folks. ;)































Again, I had a total blast and was really glad to have gone. I met a lot of really cool people and got to see some amazing art and cosplay! I definitely recommend going if you ever get the chance!

XOXO
Nau




No comments:

Post a Comment